So Match Day is closing in and I need some help with a costume idea. The theme this year is "Plan B" or what you would be if you weren't going to be a doctor. Here are my ideas so far:
1. Film Director: wear headphones around my neck as well as a light meter or makeshift directors viewfinder. Carry a cardboard tube megaphone that says "director" and a fake Oscar statue. Crazy David Lynch/Tim Burton hair. Most "realistic" but not too exciting. I would get to "thank the academy" when picking up the envelope. Or go the old fashioned route and wear a baret, scarf, sunglasses, and make a fake hand-cranked camera on a tripod to lug around.
2. Photographer/Old fashioned photojournalist. Wear trousers, white shirt and tie with an old-fashioned hat with one of those pieces of paper stuck in it. Either carry my Nikon DSLR or my old polaroid land camera and make a fake flash bulb (the kind you held with one hand in the air) that could have a small point and shoot in it to actually take pictures while "pretending" to take pictures.
3. Ghostbuster. Why Not?! I'm totally serious about this one. I would end up dealing with people who think I don't understand the costume theme though....
4. King of some fake country. Wear a crown, robe, big scepter, medals.....moustache? This could be funny.
5. Robot. Big carboard robot with lots of blinking lights. Probably a pain in the ass to wear. But fun to build!
6. Couch potato (think of "The Dude" from Big Lebowski). Shorts/boxers, unwashed V-neck undershirt, robe, sunglasses, won't shave for 2 weeks or so beforehand, flip-flops, carry a bowling ball bag and a half-gallon carton of milk/half-and-half (or a box of half eaten Cap'n Crunch). Possible sling an xbox controller around my neck. I think this would be a really fun costume. The problem is I have a hunch a bunch of people are going to go with a costume like a "bum" or fast food person (no offense and nothing implied about fast food workers).
7. Butcher. It'd be funnier if I were going into surgery but: wear a butcher's apron and carry a fake meat cleaver. The key would be to be COVERED in fake blood.
9. Crazy guy. Wear an "End of the World is Upon Us" sign (the kind that has two pieces of cardboard attached by rope that you fit between and "wear") and either carry a bell or hand out flyers with crazy stuff on it about the end of the world (or flyers for my "Loss Cat").
So far my favorites are: director, couch potato, & king of a fake country.
My vote is abercrombie and fitch underwear model... better hit the gym and start acting like a poser. OK, if not that then I like director, why not carry around a director's chair and sit on it in the aisle!